6WIND Announces Next Generation Security Gateway for Mobile Operators to Secure and Scale 4G and 5G Network Infrastructure
SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — 6WIND, a high-performance networking software company, today announced its Next Generation Security Gateway solution for 4G and 5G mobile infrastructure. Available immediately, the solution is based on 6WIND Turbo IPsec™ software, a widely deployed product in mobile and fixed telecom infrastructure for 4G/LTE. 6WIND Turbo IPsec provides high performance IPsec VPNs on Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) servers, at a fraction of legacy hardware system costs. 6WIND Turbo IPsec can be deployed bare metal or in a virtual machine with the same functionalities and performance, enabling a seamless transition to virtualization and NFV.
With the 4G/5G data and voice convergence to single IP-based networks, new security and performance challenges arise. The mobile infrastructure, specifically the mobile backhaul, must meet these performance challenges and protect against the new threats linked to untrusted IP networks, while controlling costs. Operators are also transitioning to virtualization to further decrease costs while increasing service flexibility and optimizing their return on investment.
6WIND’s Next Generation Security Gateway (SeGW) solution addresses these challenges with the following benefits:
- Security Performance: Linear scalability of performance regardless of deployment configuration (bare metal or virtualized).
- 12 Gbps of encrypted IPsec traffic per core reaching more than 100 Gbps on a single Intel processor
- Up to 100,000 IKE tunnels with 1,000 tunnels establishment per second
- Traffic loads scale across 10, 40 and 100G connectivity
- Virtualization Readiness: Complete virtualized SeGW appliance with support for Linux KVM, VMware ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisors.
- High Availability: Link failure detection and failover mechanisms, combined with IPsec session synchronization, to eliminate single points of failure and enable local and geo redundancy without service interruption.
- Management and Monitoring: Operational Support Systems (OSS) and Management and Orchestration (MANO) integration for network management and monitoring.
“At 6WIND, we provide high performance software that allows standard servers to rival specialized hardware systems for all size network deployments,” said Eric Carmès, CEO and Founder of 6WIND. “6WIND software is available today as a cost-effective alternative with high performance virtualization options so that mobile operators can scale and secure their 4G and 5G infrastructure without expensive hardware prices.”
Demonstration at MPLS + SDN + NFV World, Paris, March 21 – 24
We will demonstrate 6WIND’s Next Generation Security Gateway solutions for 4G/5G Mobile Infrastructure Security in our booth #302 along with additional solutions for Secure Site-to-Site VPNs. 6WIND CEO and Founder Eric Carmès will also present 6WIND’s security solutions during his speech on March 23, Track 2, at 12:20 pm CET.
6WIND Solution Brief for Mobile Infrastructure Security:
6WIND Demo Video for Mobile Infrastructure Security:
6WIND’s networking software solves performance and time-to-market challenges for OEMs and Network Builders. The company’s packet processing software and software appliances are optimized for cost-effective hardware, such as Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) servers, with a choice of multicore processors to deliver a wide variety of networking and security protocols and features. 6WIND is based near Paris, France with regional offices in China, South Korea and the United States. For more information, visit http://www.6wind.com.
VP of Marketing for 6WIND
Phone: +1 (408) 508-6732
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/6wind-announces-next-generation-security-gateway-for-mobile-operators-to-secure-and-scale-4g-and-5g-network-infrastructure-300427344.html