D-Link Introduces Next Generation DGS-3630 Series Layer 3 Stackable Managed Gigabit Switches
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Nov. 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — D-Link today announced its new generation of Layer 3 Managed Gigabit Switches – the DGS-3630 Series. The series now offers PoE models DGS-3630-28PC with 24 PoE ports and DGS-3630-52PC with 48 PoE ports to provide a complete Layer 3 fully managed switch portfolio.
The DGS-3630 Series switches deliver scalable software management and software image upgrades to access additional advanced features according to network requirements. The Switch Resource Management (SRM) feature allows the hardware table size to be changed so that switch functions can be optimized based on different applications.
Working at wire-speed performance, the switches can aggregate all the traffic in the network. Built-in 10 Gigabit uplink ports and stacking technology allow the switches to easily accommodate larger enterprise networks. Full Layer 3 protocol support, OAM features, and advanced QoS offer scalable and efficient network operation, administration and maintenance, even in stressful metro Ethernet infrastructures.
“Designed for SMBs, SMEs, larger enterprises, and ISPs, these new switches deliver high performance, flexibility, fault tolerance, and advanced software features for maximum return on investment,” said Steven Olen, product line manager, D-Link Systems. “The DGS-3630 Series can operate as core, distribution or access layer switches, and high port densities, switch stacking, and easy management make them ideal for a wide variety of business networking applications.”
The D-Link DGS-3630 was independently tested and verified as having outstanding performance by The Tolly Group, a leading global provider of third-party validation services for vendors of IT products and services. The report1 notes, “the D-Link DGS-3630 switch matched or exceeded the performance of the Cisco system Catalyst across all performance tests.”
The new DGS-3630 Series switches offer several features and benefits, including:
- Embedded 10 Gigabit SFP+ stacking/uplink ports provide high bandwidth port density
- The intelligent Switch Resource Management (SRM) feature provides profile-based resource management that allows administrators to quickly allocate switch resources depending on the needs of different applications
- DHCP auto-configuration and auto-image upgrading can be used to configure and upgrade multiple switches automatically
- The Auto Surveillance VLAN feature enables the switches to prioritize surveillance traffic in the network to provide effective surveillance system management
- The hardware-based Dying Gasp feature allows the switch to retain enough power to automatically send out an alert message in the event of device failure
- The unprecedented built-in 6 kV surge protection feature minimizes the risk of switch damage resulting from electrical surges, thus reducing service downtime and repair costs
- An RJ-45 alarm port to control external sensors and alarms
- Extensive Routing Feature: Static routing and full L3 routing protocol suite for enterprise integration, including OSPF, BGP, VRF-Lite, and L3 multicast
- Multicast Routing: Enhanced efficiency and optimized performance by eliminating traffic redundancy and distributed applications
The DGS-3630 Series switches are now available for purchase from any of D-Link’s resellers and distributors. For additional information, visit http://us.dlink.com/.
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in broadband, cloud-based network management, IP Surveillance, switching and wireless. For more information visit us.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on LinkedIn, Spiceworks and the D-Link Blog.
1 Full Tolly Report: http://www.tolly.com/DocDetail.aspx?DocNumber=217112
D-Link and the D-Link logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries. All other third-party marks mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2017. D-Link. All Rights Reserved.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/d-link-introduces-next-generation-dgs-3630-series-layer-3-stackable-managed-gigabit-switches-300555781.html
SOURCE D-Link Systems, Inc.