PubNub Continues Strong Company Growth and Record-Breaking Momentum Throughout 2018
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 10, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — PubNub, the company behind the world’s leading realtime Data Stream Network (DSN), today announced record-breaking momentum and solid company growth throughout 2018 and into 2019. The continued momentum shows both the significant investment in realtime data streaming in instantaneous and interactive applications and products and the growing adoption of hosted-realtime infrastructure as the backbone of modern applications.
«2018 was the year realtime data streaming really hit the mainstream as a core component of apps and products across every industry,» said Todd Greene, PubNub’s CEO and co-founder. «At PubNub, we’re very excited about that trend. From strong revenue growth, to customer success and satisfaction, from our patents, to record-breaking performance, we’re thrilled with this year and what’s to come in 2019. In the coming year, look for new product innovation, continued hardening and growth of our global network, and expanding our team across all facets of our company.»
PubNub’s solid 2018 year was attributed to the following successes:
- Exponential Global Growth and Scale: In addition to the company’s rapid growth in customers, 2018 continued PubNub’s exponential growth in global traffic and devices served. Streaming over a trillion messages to 300 million devices monthly, PubNub delivers 200 percent as many messages compared to daily global SMS traffic. Additionally, PubNub’s developer community eclipsed 200,000 developers using the platform in their realtime applications.
- Executive Expansion: PubNub added multiple new leadership roles in 2018, including Russ Lemelin as CFO (Kranz & Associates, Extole, TravelMuse), Simon Jones as VP Marketing (Cedexis, Ootala, Hyperion), Steve Garritano as VP Engineering (Aviatrix, PhishLabs, RedSeal), and Helena Teav as Corporate Counsel (Citrix, Bialson Bergen & Schwab).
- Industry Innovation: PubNub was awarded two key patents and granted 34 patent claims covering pub/sub as a SaaS service in a multi-datacenter configuration, including realtime distribution of messages via a network with multi-region replication in a hosted service environment (9,965,640) and data synchronization across multiple devices connecting multiple data centers (9,955,444).
- Record-breaking Scale: PubNub powered a collaborative feature in a global video streaming app that set the world record for the largest online concurrent event with more than 10.5 million viewers.
- More Supported Frameworks and Languages: PubNub launched new support for more device types, eclipsing 70 SDKs including improved-MQTT, React Native for Android and iOS, and ChatEngine for rapid development and deployment of chat apps.
- Next-generation Capabilities with New Partnerships: PubNub announced partnerships with Microsoft Azure, AWS, and IBM Watson to integrate artificial intelligence and machine learning functionality directly into PubNub with PubNub Blocks and their cognitive services.
For more information on PubNub, visit www.pubnub.com.
PubNub operates the world’s leading Data Stream Network, which connects, delivers, and controls the data and logic used to power realtime applications at global scale for thousands of companies around the world including Peloton, Atlassian, and athenahealth. Combining over 70 SDKs, a global network, and blazing fast serverless edge computing, PubNub delivers twice as many messages each day as Twitter, Snapchat, and the global SMS network combined. Founded in 2010, PubNub is a Silicon Valley technology company backed by leading investors including Relay Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Cisco Investments, and Ericsson.
Lumina Communications for PubNub