Quantum to Showcase Latest Data Management and Storage Solutions for Video Surveillance at ASIS Conference
SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM) today announced it will feature StorNext 6 — a major new release of the company’s award-winning StorNext® scale-out file system — at the ASIS International 63rd Annual Seminar and Exhibits to be held at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas, Texas, Sept. 25-28. Xcellis® workflow storage solutions powered by StorNext 6 are a key component in Quantum’s multitier storage portfolio, delivering the performance, accessibility and value required for managing video surveillance data in today’s security environments, and will be among the offerings Quantum will highlight in booth #4170.
StorNext 6 Enhancements Serving the Security Community
StorNext 6 offers several new features that are particularly valuable for video surveillance systems. These features include new workflow enhancements that are optimized for existing ecosystem applications and tools and are engineered to handle complex streaming workloads:
- FlexSync™ Continuous Content Synchronization provides an off-site copy of surveillance video content for data protection or distribution and maintains continuous and efficient synchronization through metadata monitoring.
- FlexSpace™ Multisite Shared Archive enables distributed, collaborative workflows, creating “stubs” to remotely archived files and using S3-based object store repositories. FlexSpace allows geographically distributed users to access a cloud copy of data without replicating that data to each location.
- Client-based “Quality of Service” (QoS) allows bandwidth throttling, to specify the maximum bandwidth permitted for a client. Bandwidth reservation guarantees throughput for one client while limiting bandwidth for others.
- Online Stripe Group Management delivers non-disruptive storage scaling with auto redistribution. As surveillance system requirements evolve, this capability enables a storage infrastructure to change without disrupting ingest.
- File System Auditing provides an activity trail of changes to file metadata and the contents of the file itself. In a security environment, the ability to determine all the “touchpoints” for a file can be very important, for investigative purposes as well as to preserve chain of custody for video content.
Explore the Latest Quantum Developments
In addition to StorNext 6, Quantum subject matter experts will be available at ASIS to discuss other important new product developments with value to security and law enforcement agencies:
- The latest extension of the Xcellis product line — Xcellis Foundation — specifically addresses technical and budgetary requirements to make feature-rich multitier storage more accessible to a wider range of environments.
- The integration of artificial intelligence with Xcellis workflow storage — aiWARE for Xcellis — provides an on-site AI solution, enabling law enforcement and other security professionals to extract new value from on-premise video and audio content.
Industry Engagement at ASIS
Quantum and OnSSI are providing enterprise video surveillance and physical security solutions that deliver streaming performance and real-time access to data, regardless of whether it’s on disk, tape or in the cloud. At ASIS, OnSSI will showcase its VMS solutions in Quantum’s booth, and Quantum will have a kiosk in the OnSSI booth #4445.
In addition, Quantum and integrated security solutions provider G4S are sponsoring a reception for the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety on Monday, Sept. 25, at 4:00 p.m. CDT at Monduel’s located in the Hyatt Regency Dallas.
Wayne Arvidson, Vice President, Surveillance and Security Solutions, Quantum
“Since Quantum first became involved with the ASIS community, we have seen an increasing requirement for data storage solutions to address unique security workflows and help customers manage the transformation of video surveillance technology. With our latest innovations, Quantum continues to focus on delivering storage solutions that can grow to meet the needs of surveillance environments more cost-effectively, without compromising on access or performance.”
- Learn more about Quantum’s video surveillance storage solutions: www.quantum.com/solutions/video-surveillance/index.aspx
- Read about Xcellis workflow storage: www.quantum.com/products/scale-out-storage/stornext-primary-storage/index.aspx
- For details on StorNext 6: www.quantum.com/products/scale-out-storage/stornext-6/index.aspx
Quantum is a leading expert in scale-out tiered storage, archive and data protection. The company’s data management platform and tiered storage approach provide a unique combination of high performance, low-cost capacity and easy access that enables security and law enforcement professionals to address the challenges created by more cameras, higher resolutions, and increasingly sophisticated analytics. Learn more at www.quantum.com/solutions/video-surveillance/index.aspx.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, FlexSpace, FlexSync, StorNext and Xcellis are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
“Safe Harbor” Statement: This press release contains “forward-looking” statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Quantum advises caution in reliance on forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements include, without limitation, 1) benefits and value to customers from StorNext 6 powered solutions and 2) customer demand for and Quantum’s future revenue from such solutions. All forward-looking statements are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum’s actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statement, including unexpected changes in the Company’s business. More detailed information about these risk factors, and additional risk factors, are set forth in Quantum’s periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled “Risk Factors,” in Quantum’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 9, 2017, especially those risks listed in this section under the headings “Our results of operations depend on a limited number of products and on new product introductions, which may not be successful, in which case our business, financial condition and results of operations may be materially and adversely affected.” Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable law.
Public Relations Contact:
SOURCE Quantum Corp.