A5 Travel Books Offers Travel Exploration Through Reading During Nationwide Stay-at-Home Directive – Expertly Curated Travel Literature Website Encourages Visitors to ‘Explore. Dream. Discover. Read.’
SAN ANSELMO, Calif., April 6, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — Built and maintained by seasoned travel expert Alan Josephs, A5 Travel Books (https://www.a5travelbooks.com/) recently announced its official web launch, offering hundreds of curated travel-writing selections from a wide array of authors. Entries are conveniently categorized and range from classic favorites like Mark Twain and John Steinbeck, through travel-writing icons like humorist Bill Bryson and the legendary Paul Theroux. The site also features an extensive Best Travel Guides section, conveniently sorted by world location to help future travelers plan their own bucket-list explorations. Readers are welcome to explore the smoothly written custom reviews on A5, looking for new reading material to enjoy during nationwide stay-at-home directives.
A5 Travel Books: Categories
- Classics: Titles like curator-favorite, «Travels With Charley,» by John Steinbeck. The famous tale follows Steinbeck and his faithful poodle companion Charley on an illuminating trip through 1960s America.
- Exploration and Adventure: Stories like the nail-biting firsthand account by best-selling writer Jon Krakauer, «Into Thin Air.» Poignantly relive the May 1996 tragedy that saw five climbers dead in one day on the unforgiving frozen slopes of Mount Everest.
- Funny: Books like chef legend Anthony Bourdain’s candid, hilarious and exceptionally written «A Cook’s Tour: Global Adventures in Extreme Cuisines.» The popular book spawned a television series.
- Collections: Series like the annual «The Best American Travel Writing» collection, offering a great way to sample a larger group of contemporary travel writers all in one volume.
- Travel Novels (Fiction): Travel-themed fiction is far older than the novel, and has stood the test of time. Examples include Yann Martel’s popular 2001 book, «The Life of Pi»; telling the tale of a 16-year-old Indian kid and a 450-pound Bengal tiger together in a lifeboat while lost at sea.
- Travel Books for Kids: Kids are explorers at heart, a fact famously celebrated in the beloved Dr. Seuss lyric classic, «Oh, the Places You’ll Go.»
«So many people are sitting around right now with work-from-home and self-quarantine directives,» said A5 curator Alan Josephs. «In addition, worldwide leisure travel has ceased almost entirely. It’s a necessary step to help stop the spread of the pandemic, but it can be a lonely and depressing time – as a seasoned traveler, I understand. That’s why I turn to travel literature during my downtime. And I find those titles to be more comforting than ever now; a way to get out and explore that is both enjoyable and exciting, yet still safe.»
Readers are welcome to begin their own literary world tour HERE, spending stay-at-home downtime exploring dozens of entries in an enormous collection of curated explorers.
Alan Josephs, Founder
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/a5-travel-books-offers-travel-exploration-through-reading-during-nationwide-stay-at-home-directive–expertly-curated-travel-literature-website-encourages-visitors-to-explore-dream-discover-read-301036035.html
SOURCE A5 Travel Books