Human Resource’s Role in Shaping the Digital Future of Work the Focus of Bersin by Deloitte’s IMPACT 2017
OAKLAND, Calif., April 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Human resources’ role in shaping the future of work is the focus of presentations and working sessions at Bersin by Deloitte’s IMPACT 2017. Themed «Unleashing the Power of Digital: A New World for HR,» IMPACT 2017 marks the 10th anniversary of the industry’s premier conference for HR, learning and talent leaders and their teams. It takes place May 22-25 at the Diplomat Resort & Spa in Hollywood, Florida.
Executives and senior leaders from Airbnb, Athleta, Atlassian, Danfoss, Hasbro, IBM, Mastercard, Patagonia, and The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company will be among the 30-plus senior-level presenters at the conference. They will share leading organizational, talent and HR models and practices to address the disruptive transformation sweeping organizations worldwide.
«Ten years after the launch of IMPACT we are entering a new world of work – one transformed by digital tools and AI, creating new jobs, new careers and new organizational models.» said Josh Bersin, principal and founder, Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP. «Almost 90 percent of HR and business leaders surveyed in the ‘2017 Global Human Capital Trends’ research cite a need to re-engineer their entire organizational model. This involves rethinking leadership, management, careers and jobs.»
The ultimate goal in this new world of work, Bersin said, «… is to create a designed work experience that fosters innovation and sharing, productivity, well-being and a sense of purpose.»
Once viewed as a support function that delivered employee services, HR leaders are being pushed to take on larger roles and help drive the organization to «be digital,» not just «do digital,» said David Mallon, head of research, Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP.
«‘Digital’ can refer to always-on technology, information and access to people at our fingertips, and content everywhere,» he said. «But it goes much further. Digital really means technology-based solutions that give us the power to ‘meet people where they are.’ Digital is about creating personalized customer and employee experiences that help make life better, improve productivity and enable people to work, learn and progress anywhere, anytime.»
Bersin by Deloitte analysts will unveil new research findings in several key areas, including core HR, diversity and inclusion, learning and people analytics.
IMPACT 2017 special sessions, research presentations, case studies and panels will include:
- «The Role of HR in the Future of Work – A Town Hall,» Josh Bersin, principal and founder, Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP; Nicola Vogel, senior director of human resources, Danfoss; Frank Møllerop, chief executive officer, Questback; David Mallon, head of research, Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- «Performance Management: Stories from the Front Line,» Dean Carter, vice president, human resources and shared services, Patagonia; Michael S. Lopez, head of HR and communications, Gap Inc., Athleta; Stacia Sherman Garr, vice president, and talent and workforce research leader, Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- «High-Impact People Analytics 2017,» Madhura Chakrabarti, Ph.D., people analytics research leader, Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- «Reimagining Learning: Rewiring the House While the Lights Are On,» Dani Johnson, vice president and learning and development research leader, Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP; Barry Murphy, global learning lead, Airbnb
- «Accelerating Leadership Growth: Applying the High-Impact Leadership Maturity Model,» Andrea Derler, Ph.D., manager, leadership and succession management research, Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP; Eunyun Park, Ph.D., manager, research methods and data, Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP; Christina Rasieleski, senior consultant, member advisory services, Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- «Building the Platform: The Technologies of Digital HR,» Christa Manning, vice president and HR solution provider research leader, Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- «Understanding the Digital Potential: Changes Ahead for Mid-Market HR,» Larry McAlister, vice president, global talent management, Equinix Inc.; Denise Moulton, mid-market HR and talent research leader, Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Five finalists selected from more than 230 applications for Bersin by Deloitte’s WhatWorks® award program also will present their stories about outstanding talent-related innovations that drive business impact. Session attendees will vote to select the ultimate award recipient.
IMPACT attendees also are invited to participate in five special workshops following the conference Thursday, May 25:
- «Digital Learning or Learning in the Digital Age: Promises versus Realities,» Josh Bersin, principal and founder, Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP; Bill Pelster, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- «The Refreshed High-Impact HR Operating Model: Familiar, Sustainable, Revolutionary,» Gary Johnsen, specialist leader, human capital, Deloitte Consulting LLP; Art Mazor, principal and global leader for HR service delivery and HR transformation strategy, Deloitte Consulting LLP; Joanne Stephane, senior manager and business HR offering manager, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- «The Simply Irresistible Organization: Transforming Employee Engagement,» Alyson Daichendt, managing director, human capital, Deloitte Consulting LLP; Stephen Redwood, principal, human capital, Deloitte Consulting LLP; Madhura Chakrabarti, Ph.D., people analytics research leader, Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- «Does Your Job Architecture Support Your Talent Management Goals and Priorities?,» Lynda S. Phenix, actuarial, rewards and advanced analytics, Deloitte Consulting LLP; Sheila C. Sever, CCP, senior manager, compensation strategies, Deloitte Consulting LLP; Greg Stoskopf, managing director, U.S. compensation practice leader, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- «Creating a Compelling Candidate Experience,» Bill Cleary, senior manager, Deloitte Consulting LLP; Denise Moulton, mid-market HR and talent research leader, Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- The IMPACT 2017 Sponsor Showcase features leading solution providers in the HR, learning and talent management markets including:
- Signature sponsors: Questback Inc., BetterCompany, Good & Co.
- Premiere sponsors: CallidusCloud, Cornerstone OnDemand; CrossKnowledge Group Ltd.; Culture Amp Pty Ltd., Degreed; Glint
- General sponsor: Avature; BTS USA; BetterUp, BetterWorks, Confirmit, CultureIQ, EdCast Inc., GuideSpark Inc.; Harvard Business Publishing, Corporate Learning; HighGround Inc.; HireVue, kununu, NeuroLeadership Institute; O.C. Tanner; Panopto; Phenom People; Saba Software Inc.; Scout Exchange; ServiceNow®; SmartRecruiters; Study.com; SumTotal Systems, LLC, a Skillsoft Company; TINYpulse(hr); TotalTalentSolved; Tribridge; Visier; Zugata.
Conference details, including the full agenda, session descriptions, speakers and information about the workshops are available at http://impact.bersin.com/. Bersin by Deloitte research members can register for IMPACT 2017 for $1,595. Non-members can register for $1,795. Special hotel room rate are available to registrants on a limited basis. Attendees should register early to receive discounted room rates.
Bersin by Deloitte delivers research-based people strategies designed to help leaders and their organizations in their efforts to deliver exceptional business performance. A Bersin by Deloitte membership gives HR professionals the information and tools they need to design and implement leading practice solutions, benchmark against others, develop their staff, and select and implement systems. A piece of Bersin by Deloitte research is downloaded on average approximately every minute during the business day. Those interested in learning more about Bersin by Deloitte or its WhatWorks® membership can email [email protected] or call +1 510 241 4400.
Deloitte provides industry-leading audit, consulting, tax and advisory services to many of the world’s most admired brands, including 80 percent of the Fortune 500 and more than 6,000 private and middle market companies. Our people work across more than 20 industry sectors to deliver measurable and lasting results that help reinforce public trust in our capital markets, inspire clients to make their most challenging business decisions with confidence, and help lead the way toward a stronger economy and a healthy society.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee («DTTL»), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as «Deloitte Global») does not provide services to clients. In the United States, Deloitte refers to one or more of the US member firms of DTTL, their related entities that operate using the «Deloitte» name in the United States and their respective affiliates. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/human-resources-role-in-shaping-the-digital-future-of-work-the-focus-of-bersin-by-deloittes-impact-2017-300445389.html
SOURCE Bersin by Deloitte